NOVA has established a scholarship in the amount of $3,000, in the name of Anthony J. Principi, who is a longtime supporter of NOVA and an advocate for VA nurses and veterans.
- Applicant must be a current NOVA member for at least two years.
- Applicant must be a VA employee, full-time or part-time.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
- Applicant must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a baccalaureate, masters, post-masters or doctoral program.
- Applicant must show satisfactory or higher rating on proficiency or performance evaluation.
NOTE: NNEI/EISP, EDRP, and SLRP recipients are eligible to apply for NOVA scholarships.
Eligible Educational Programs:
- Baccalaureate program in nursing.
- Masters, post-masters and doctoral programs in nursing, or a related field if applicant has a baccalaureate degree in nursing.
- All bachelors, masters and post-masters nursing programs must be accredited by the National League for Nursing (NLN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
- All non-nursing programs must be accredited by the nationally recognized accrediting body for the field.
Ineligible Educational Programs:
Diploma or associate degree programs.
- Completion of essay questions on application.
- Academic performance.
- Recommendations of the Academic Program Director/Dean and VA Nurse Executive.
Length of Award:
2015-2016 academic year. Selected applicants may re-apply in future years.
Application Period: March 1 - April 30, 2015.
Finalists will be required to provide the following information once notified:
c. A letter of acceptance from the academic program for which you are receiving the scholarship.
d. A letter of endorsement from the Academic Dean/Designee from the academic program for which you are receiving the scholarship.
e. A letter of endorsement from your current VA Nurse Executive/Designee confirming that you are not on restricted or light duty, LWOP, or FMLA.