Discover the Benefits of Belonging to NOVA!
- Educational and networking opportunities through Annual and Regional Meetings.
- NEW! Tuition Discounts.
- Discounts on certifications and recertifications.
- Educational Webinars.
- A strong voice on Capitol Hill on issues affecting veterans and the nurses who care for them.
- Long Term Disability & Term Life Insurance Programs.
- The opportunity to apply for nursing scholarships.
- Annual Legislative Roundtable with Veterans Service Organizations, DVA and VHA leaders.
- The latest news in the NOVA News electronic newsletter and on the website at www.vanurse.org.
- NOVA News electronic newsletters are available to members only. To access, go to Member Login.
Term Life Insurance Program
As a member of the Nurses Organization of Veterans Affairs, you have the opportunity to help ensure that you and your family are protected by applying for Term Life Insurance, underwritten by MetLife, and available through Federal First.
As a NOVA Member, you will also benefit from:
- Competitive member-only rates
- Convenient payroll deductions
- Tax-free proceeds paid to your beneficiary
Give your family peace of mind - apply for MetLife Voluntary Term Life Insurance today!
For costs and complete details of the coverage, call the Federal First Service Center at 1-800-233-0438 or visit https://www.federalfirst.com/life/
Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance Program
Statistics show that nearly one in five of us will become disabled for a year or more before reaching age 65. Imagine what it would be like if you were unable to work and your paychecks stopped... your sick leave was exhausted... vacation days used up. Your bills do not stop. You need food, mortgage money, car payments paid, etc. It is easy to see how devastating this period of disability could be.
Recognizing the need for paycheck protection, NOVA sponsors a group Long Term Disability Program that fills a valuable need. If you're disabled, this benefit furnishes you with monthly income that won't come from the Federal Disability Retirement Benefit.
This affordable protection is available to those working at least 20 hours per week or a NOVA member, only from Federal First. You can learn more from your HR contact, or go directly to https://www.federalfirst.com/disability/ for a free brochure and more contact information, or call at 1-800-233-0438.