NOVA 2017 Annual Meeting - Call for Posters!
Join NOVA nurses for an excellent opportunity to present your practice, research, innovations, and projects. In this shared experience, you will have the opportunity to learn of the new nursing care practices presented by your colleagues. The May 17 – 20, 2017 NOVA Annual Meeting in Louisville, Kentucky will include notable speakers and poster presentations that will provide value-laden insight into your ability to lead in nursing with excellence.
- Share your expertise on experiential knowledge.
- Provide your contributions on an equal forum.
- Share and discuss with peers common points of interest.
- Get your message out effectively and quickly.
- The poster should be a summarization of a creative activity.
- It should fit on a poster board measuring approximately 30” wide by 36” long and fit easily on an easel or be a tri-fold poster board that can stand on a table. (NOVA will provide tri-fold poster boards for presenters’ use on site, as requested.)
- A poster should reflect an innovative aspect of practice, education, research, leadership, or health promotion and be completed work or contain proposed outcomes based on literature review.
- It may be supplemented by handouts.
- The poster’s presenter(s) must be available for the open poster session to address questions. If you are submitting a poster, anticipate that it will be accepted and make arrangements for Annual Meeting registration early! If your poster is accepted, you will be expected to register for the Annual Meeting upon notification of poster acceptance. Registration confirms your attendance to present your poster.
Potential Focus Areas to Consider
- Maximizing the physical, mental, and social functioning of veterans and improving their quality of life.
- Improving patient safety and health outcomes through nursing practice.
- Evaluating patient care delivery models and nursing systems of care.
- Evaluating models for translation/implementation of evidence-based practice.
How to Submit a Poster Proposal
All proposals must be submitted electronically. No hard copies will be accepted. Click here for the 2017 Poster Submission Form, download and complete and send electronic copy, no later than January 31, 2017, to Luke Zorich at Lzorich@vanurse.org. Any submissions received after this date will not be accepted. Submitters will be notified by February 28, 2017 if the poster is accepted.
Posters must avoid commercialism and be professional in appearance. Posters that constitute promotion and advertising will not be accepted. Statements made in posters are the sole responsibility of the author or presenter. Statements should not be viewed as, or considered representative of, any formal stance or position taken on any subject, issue, or product by NOVA. You do not have to be a NOVA member to submit a poster, but you MUST REGISTER AND BE PRESENT AT THE ANNUAL MEETING POSTER SESSION on Friday, May 19, from 11:30am-12:45pm, at the Embassy Suites Downtown Hotel in Louisville, Kentucky.
Each poster submission will be reviewed for the following elements:
- Quality and clarity
- Broad appeal to the nursing community