Call for Posters: Join NOVA nurses for an excellent opportunity to present your practice, research, innovations, and projects. In this shared experience, you will have the opportunity to learn of the new nursing care practices presented by your colleagues.
- Share your expertise and knowledge within your nursing practice.
- Provide your contributions on an equal forum.
- Share and discuss with nursing colleagues common points of interest.
What is a Poster?
- Poster is a visually formatted presentation of a topic using charts, graphs, illustrations, and photographs to supplement a written narrative.
- Poster should reflect an innovative aspect of nursing practice, education, research, leadership, or health promotion.
- Poster should be a summation of completed work or proposed outcomes based on literature review.
Poster Submission Guidelines
Individuals may submit more than one abstract.
All submitted abstracts should reflect presentations that are fair, balanced and free of commercial bias. Posters that constitute promotion and advertising will not be accepted.
All poster content will be peer reviewed and scored by NOVA’s Annual Meeting Poster Committee.
Accepted abstracts will not be returned for editing or proofing. Authors are responsible for ensuring that the text is accurate, concise, and clear.
Posters must be professional in appearance.
- Poster may be supplemented by handouts.
- Statements made in posters are the sole responsibility of the author or presenter. Statements should not be viewed as, or considered representative or, any formal stance or position taken on any subject, issue or product by NOVA. You do not have to be a NOVA member to submit a poster, but you MUST BE PRESENT AT THE ANNUAL MEETING POSTER SESSION on Friday, October 12, 2018.
When submitting the abstract, please include:
- Primary Presenter Details: name, credentials, company, title, telephone number, and email
- Co-author(s) Details: name, credentials, company, title, and email
- Abstract Title: not to exceed 10 words (no abbreviations or acronyms)
- Objectives: 1-3 measurable learning objectives using action verbs (describe, explain, discuss, etc.)
- Presenter Biography: narrative should include present position, employment, highest level of education, honors, and publications. Biography should be no more than 300 words.
- Abstract: limit to 500 words (full abstract to be published in your poster)
Abstract Format: Original research or Non-Research Focused
Original research or case study/series: (Original Research does not include quality improvement, program development, clinical practice, policy, technology review etc.)
- Brief background of issue/topic:
- Significance for practice
- Conclusion/summary statement
Poster Selection Criteria
Each poster submission will be reviewed for the following elements:
Topic: Is the topic significant to nursing practice, education, research, leadership, or health promotion?
Description: Is the purpose clearly stated? Is a description included that identifies the need for practice innovation/change?
Objectives: Are the objectives clearly stated?
Quality and Clarity: Is the submission well-written and ideas clearly communicated?