NOVA 2017 Annual Meeting
Call for National Patient Safety Goals Video Contest!
DEADLINE APRIL 1, 2017!
Join NOVA nurses for an excellent opportunity to showcase your talent in creating a two-minute video that highlights one of the Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals. Submitted videos will be viewed during the NOVA 2017 Annual Meeting, with attendees voting to select the winner(s). Creators of the winning video(s) will be recognized at the Annual Meeting Awards Luncheon. The winning video(s) will also be sent to all NOVA Chapter Contacts. All video creators will receive a certificate, and all videos will be available on the NOVA web page after the Annual Meeting.
In this shared experience, you will have the opportunity to learn of the new nursing care practices presented by your colleagues. The May 17 - 20, 2017 NOVA Annual Meeting in Louisville, Kentucky, will include notable speakers and poster presentations that will provide value-laden insight into your ability to lead in nursing with excellence.
- Share your expertise on the Joint Commission 2017 National Patient Safety Goals.
- Get your message out effectively and quickly.
- Share common themes with your peers in helping to prepare for a Joint Commission visit.
- Provide your contributions on a two-minute video that will be available as a resource for you and your colleagues on the NOVA website after the conference.
- Video creators will be expected to attend the Annual Meeting.
- Registration confirms your attendance to consider your video.
The video should be no more than two minutes long and provide information about one of the 2017 Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals listed below:
- Goal 1: Improve the accuracy of patient identification.
- Goal 2: Improve the effectiveness of communication among caregivers.
- Goal 3: Improve the safety of using medications.
- Goal 6: Reduce the harm associated with clinical alarm systems.
- Goal 7: Reduce the risk of health care-associated infections.
- Goal 9: Reduce the risk of patient harm resulting from falls.
- Goal 14: Prevent health care-associated pressure ulcers.
- Goal 15: The hospital identifies safety risks inherent in its patient population.
- Universal Protocol for Preventing Wrong Site, Wrong Procedure, and Wrong Person Surgery.
How to Submit a Video
To download the video submission form, please click here and submit it no later than April 1, 2017 to NOVA at email@example.com.
Videos must avoid commercialism and be professional in appearance. Videos that constitute promotion and advertising will not be accepted. Statements made in videos are the sole responsibility of the author or presenter. Statements should not be viewed as, or considered representative of, any formal stance or position taken on any subject, issue, or product by NOVA. You do not have to be a NOVA member to submit a video, but you MUST REGISTER AND BE PRESENT AT THE ANNUAL MEETING, May 17 – 20, 2017.
Each video submission will be reviewed for the following elements:
- Relevance to at least one of the 2017 Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals
- Quality and clarity
Talk to your Patient Safety Manager about this great opportunity to develop a brief video that your facility can use to focus on safety, especially during the upcoming National Patient Safety Week!